Finally, after months of getting cooped up inside your home, residents can now enjoy a bit of freedom! The first thing that comes to mind is getting a change of scenery, and that scene should definitely involve lots of sun and sand!
The Philippines may be home to 7,641 islands, but you have already rounded down your top vacation destinations to just one: Palawan.
Palawan is wealthy in attractions, especially Puerto Princesa. We are sure that you are already making a checklist of all the places you’d want to visit, but with all that planning on where to go, have you already decided on what to bring?
This guide will help you make your packing for Palawan frazzle-free. For starters, choose a luggage, duffle bag, or backpack that’s lightweight and versatile. Trust us, you do not want to be exhausted on your first day in Palawan!
- Dry clothing. Lightweight clothes are best as they can be layered. Light colored summer clothes should do the trick especially if you are going to bombard your IG account with selfies and OOTDs!
- Swimsuits, shorts, and rash guard. No beach photoshoot is complete without that swimsuit or rash guard set you’ve been saving for the big day! If you are planning to lounge by the pool the whole day, then it is best to bring shorts too, so you can move around comfortably.
- Sleepwear and socks. You need comfortable sleepwear to energize you for the next day! Socks are highly suggested since you might be sleeping inside a chilly room.
- Footwear. Bring at least 2 flip flops if you are planning not to wear walking shoes. If you do plan to do some walking, make sure to bring slip-ons or light sneakers.
- Cameras. If you’re willing to add some weight, a DSLR is sure to capture those Palawan scenes in high detail. But never forget that action camera! A GoPro is recommended for all those cool underwater and land shots. TIP: Bring wipes too, so you can quickly clean the lens of your camera should it get dirty.
- Waterproof pouch. Your GoPro may be waterproof, but your phone will be begging for a waterproof pouch. Bring one just in case you need to ride a boat!
- Water shoes. There are some places even flip flops can’t handle. Make sure to bring a pair of water shoes to protect your feet from rocky surfaces.
- Sunglasses and hats. Keep a cool head and protect those eyes!
- Powerbanks. We can’t emphasize this enough. The last thing you’d want to do is look for a power outlet at the beach or around a swimming pool.
- First aid kit. Bandages, disinfectant, and paracetamol should be in your bag. Remember alcohol and sanitizer, too, for extra protection!
- Reusable water bottle or tumbler. Dehydration is your worst enemy. Always refill whenever you can because there isn’t always a store available.
- Sunblock and mosquito repellant. Getting a tan is cool, getting burnt is not… Getting sunburnt and pestered by mosquitos at night, is even worse. So, don’t forget these must-haves!
- Extra cash and credit cards. Not all establishments in Palawan accept credit cards. Always bring extra cash not only in your wallet, but at key points of your luggage as well. And never ever forget that luggage padlock!
There you have it! This may be a long list, but if you are planning to spend your Palawan vacation in one place, then feel free to omit some of the things here. Take Astoria Palawan, for example. It is the perfect resort in Puerto Princesa to visit if you want to reconnect with nature. After all those days locked up inside the house, you will appreciate the beauty of this place – from its shores and well beyond the Sulu Sea – even more. Good thing its doors are open already to accommodate Palawan residents!
If you are still at home and reading this, here’s a teaser of what Astoria Palawan has in store for you: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Z_b7cbAX0
Too beautiful to miss, right? So, grab those devices and visit our website at www.astoriapalawan.com to book now!